With the beginning of Advent just over a month away, UKirk Collegiate Ministries and the Presbyterian Mission Agency’s Office of Christian Formation are excited to announce a new companion guide to this year’s Words for Waiting! This downloadable PDF will feature resources for each Sunday of Advent and Christmas, including Advent candle lighting liturgies centered on 2021’s Are We There Yet? theme, plus Scripture context and discussion questions to go with the reflections and prayers already included in our daily devotional.
Contributors for this companion guide include:
- Candle lighting liturgies by Rev. Dr. Shelly Barrick Parsons, former campus minister and current Executive Director for Capital Trees.
- First Sunday of Advent (Jeremiah 33:14-16) by Rev. Noah McIntee, Campus Minister at UKirk WCU.
- Second Sunday of Advent (Luke 1:68-79) by Rev. Maggie Alsup, Chaplain at Lyon College.
- Third Sunday of Advent (Luke 3:7-18) by Rev. Chris Bailey, Campus Minister at Marshall UKIRK.
- Fourth Sunday of Advent (Micah 5:2-5a) by Rev. Allison Maus, Associate Pastor for Campus Ministry at State College Presbyterian Church (Presbyterian Student Fellowship at Penn State).
- Christmas (John 1:1-14) by Rev. L. British Hyrams, Campus Minister at Presbyterian Campus Ministry at NCCU.
We hope you’ll use these additional liturgies, Scripture context blurbs, and discussion questions for personal reflection, Sunday school, worship, mid-week check ins, or anywhere else they might be helpful.
Both our usual daily devotional and this new companion guide will be available for download by November 8, and daily blog posts will kick off here on November 28!